Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enregistrer les photos et le catalogue sir deux après travaux

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

afin de protéger mon travail de tout risque d'accident de perte de données, je souhaite enregistrer les photos importées et le catalogue LR sur deux disques durs.

1) pour ce qui est des photos, je crois comprendre qu'il suffit d'indiquer un deuxième disque dur au moment de l'importation. Mais quand on supprime des photos après visualisation, comment synchroniser avec l'autre disques dur (LR ne les retire que du premier Disque, pas du second)

2) pour le catalogue, quand je ferme LR après une séance de développement, il n'est enregistré que sur le premier disque dur. Là encore, comment faire pour enregistrer également le catalogue (avec le développement et les retouches) sur le deuxième disque dur ?

merci beaucoup de voiture aide 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to do that manually or with another program that will synchronize the photo folder on both drives. Deleting the copies on the second drive.

BUT I suggest you Stop using the "Make Second Copy" option and just Copy your images to the second drive. Most Sychronizing utilities will do the copying to the second drive for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer and advice, that I will follow. Two more questions if you mind: do you recommend a specific synchronisation program ? And what about the catalog? Will it be also synchronised by a program, like the pictures ?

Best  regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program I use to do what I suggested to you is very old and no longer available. It is also a Manual program that I have to run and then select the folders to synchronise. It is call Folder Synchronizer and came with program call PowerDesk which was a File manager program for Windows 98 and then XP.

There are many available. Some Freeware some Trialware and some paid for up front.

Google Folder sync programs.

If youy are using a Mac I can recommend Carbon Copy Cloner. It is a Drive cloning and backup program that you can use to make direct copies of folder and drives to an external drive.

I used it when I had a Mac for a while. There is another for Mac called SuperDuper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While LR can make a second copy of your images during the import process, the way it does it is less than ideal since the folder structure of the copy does not match the master folder tree. You are better off doing a manual backup of the photos outside of LR. There are lots of tools available to do that. I am old school and use the Windows commands of XCOPY and ROBOCOPY from the batch file.

Making a backup of the LR catalog is important. You can schedule that to happen in the LR settings. The default is once per week. I prefer "on every exit". One big note that the the backups need to be placed on a different drive from the master catalog, which seems like you are already doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci beaucoup 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines