• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EOS R direct tethering

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to start a tethered capture in LRclassic, the computer freezes and will not respond.  I am shooting an EOS R with the most current firmware updates and running LR Classicc with the most current cloud updates. My camera is recognized by the laptop (MacBook pro, Catalina) and will shoot tethered using Capture One, Smart Shooter and EOS Utility 3, so the physical connections are solid. I have followed all the Adobe suggestions: oreder of connection, deletingthe lightroom preferences, with and without freshly formatted card etc.  The camera shows a computer icon on the screen when connected with LR running. Shortly after selecting "start tethered session" and no camera detected still being displayed, the application freezes. If any of the othered tethered software is connected, it shows live view. What am I missing. I woould really not have to drop more money on Capture  1 Or Smart Shooter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check, in LrC, in /Help/System Info/, or in About. What is the exact version? v9.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR classis, release 9.4, camera raw 12.4. My Creative Cloud listing says it is the most update and non updates available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacOS, Cataliina, 10.15.6

The EOS R is listed as compatabile, the iOS is listed as compatable with my version. I tried all the things suggested in the trouble shooting articles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines