• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EOS RP RAW files

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know when Adobe will add my Canon EOS RP to Lightroom so I can edit my RAW files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Lightroom Classic 8.2.1

New camera raw file support added in this release:

• Canon EOS RP
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-FZ1000M2 (DC-FZ10002)
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1R
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS80 (DC-TZ95, DC-TZ96, DC-TZ97)
  • Sony A6400 (ILCE-6400)

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date​ and Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully in the next update. If not, then probably the next update after that. Those kinds of announcements are never made in advance. You will know as soon as anyone else does, at least anyone outside of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, a new model from Canon gets supported in the LR release following the model's announcement about 78% of the time: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases . The EOS RP was announced on 2/14/19, LR 8.2 was released on 2/12/19, and Adobe updates LR about once every 62 days, so there's a strong likelihood that the EOS RP will be supported in 8.3, which we might expect around 4/15.

(As Jim said, Adobe almost never tips its hand about releases, but the timing of releases with LR 6, 7, and 8 has been pretty consistent.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has already released an interim beta of the DNG Converter 11.2.1 (which includes Canon EOS RP support) if you want to convert to DNG while waiting for the official LR update

DNG Converter 11.2.1 beta released for interim new camera support | Photoshop Family Customer Commun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a beta so the conversion may not be the final one that is in Lightroom 8.3 so don't discard the RAW files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "beta" of DNG converter does not work for Canon EOS RP .CR3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you choosing the FOLDER containing the images, but not opening the folder when setting things up in the DNG converter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... GOOD NEWS!  It works!

Turns out that it was pulling from a folder I used in a previous version for conversions - perhaps a beta bug -- and because the "converting" window is too short and I used medium sized path names everything I could see on the path in and out was "correct", but in reality is wrong. 

I'm going to assume this is a beta problem, but they really do need to widen the conversion window.

In the meantime - it works but you may have to do a Windows search of your drive to find your converted files -- that's how i found them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Lightroom Classic 8.2.1

New camera raw file support added in this release:

• Canon EOS RP
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-FZ1000M2 (DC-FZ10002)
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-S1R
  • Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS80 (DC-TZ95, DC-TZ96, DC-TZ97)
  • Sony A6400 (ILCE-6400)

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date​ and Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am still not getting RP camera matching in Lightroom and its now November 2019. My Lightroom is up to date I've looked oin the supported camera folder and RP is not there, the "R" is but not the "RP"

Please advise.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines