• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 127 try to update Lightroom Classic - macOS Catalina 10.15.1

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install update to LR Classic and I keep getting error code 127 - unable to extract files.  Retry does not help, and I don't know how to do the following suggested for my Mac running Catalin 10.15.1

Do the following:

• Check permission on adobetemp folder located at [Win] <system drive>/adobetemp or [macOS] <system drive>\adobetemp.
  • Disable the antivirus on your system

Suggestions and help appreciated!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google for "Error Code 127" turns up lots of advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're getting error code 127 whilte trying to update Lightroom Classic, it seems that there is a permissions issue on the computer.

Could you try creating a new user account with adming rights and let us know if you face this issue on the new user account? Please check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly as you suggested and also shutdown computer (again) and
upgraded operating system. That seems to have resolved the issue without
signing into the new account I created. All appears to be ok now.

Thank you,
Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to see that you got it sorted out and thanks for posting the results.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm facing the exactly same problem when I tried to install a brand new version of Lightroom at my MBP Catalina 10.15.3.

I had already restarted the computer again and again while I'm still facing the error 127.

I'm wondering where is the 'adobetemp' folder, but just cannot find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Error 127. Trying to update Lightroom Classic on Catalina 10.15.7.  I cant find the adobe temp folder. I have tried restarting computer multiple times and also creating new admin account on mac. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. Error 127. Trying to update Lightroom Classic on Catalina 10.15.7.  I cant find the adobe temp folder. I have tried restarting computer multiple times and also creating new admin account on mac. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines