Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Importing Aperture Library Into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am trying to migrate my Aperture Library to Lightroom, via Lightroom Classic. However I keep getting the following error message:

An internal error has occured.
?:0 attempt to index a nil value

I am selecting "Import from Aperture Library..." from the file menu as instructed elsewhere.

I can see lots of references to this error on the forums, but none of them appear to provide a fix. Is anyone able to make any recommendations?

Many thanks

Adobe Lightroom: v9.2

Aperture: v3.6

macOS: 10.14.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with online tech support and was instructed to try the following:

In the Finder, launch System Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Full Disk Access. Click the lock icon in the lower left, enter your admin user name & password. Click the + icon and add Lightroom and Aperture to grant access to your hard disk. DO the same for all other Adobe apps too. Then restart again and check. Do the same for both under Accessibility and Photos too in the same window. Then restart.

This didn't fix the issue. He said he need to check is resources, but after a couple of hours I figured he got lost down in the basement or something. Speaking to second guy he suggested I create a new catalogue, which I did but this also didn't work and was at a loss...

So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, Apple and Adobe didn't put much effort into making the Aperture import plugin.  

One thing to try is to split your Aperture library into multiple libraries and then import each one separately. This may help you isolate the photo(s) causing the error.  If one particular library still fails, then iteratively split that into smaller libraries.

Alternatively, you can use the manul method, well-described here.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines