• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: ?:0: attempt to compare nil with string

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when trying to add an image to Quick Collection in the latest LR Classic update:

?:0: attempt to compare nil with string

How to solve this? Thank you

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

A number of people have reported this error message or a similar one when trying to add photos to collections, after updating to LR 10.  Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-files-to-collections-i-get-this-error-0-attempt-to-compare-two-nil-values/5f9091ea35f40c2520b9ecc4 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more lik

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1603477481345.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1603477481346.png

GoldingD_2-1603477481347.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following as I am getting this too after updating to v10 just last night. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this error message or a similar one when trying to add photos to collections, after updating to LR 10.  Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-when-trying-to-add-... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe lightroom classic an internal error has occured: ?:0: attempt to compare nil with string when adding image to quick selection.

Uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic version 10 with windows 10 and I think I have a fix even if its temporary.

1. In the Library window select quick Collection in the left hand panel.

2. Go to the bottom of the image window and select something other than custom order, lets say 'As added'.

3. Now go to an image and add it to the quick collection and then unselect it. There should be no error.

4. Go back to step 1 above but at step 2 re select custom order and repeat step 3. The error should have disapppeared.

I hope this works for all of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you it let me add to quick collection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I can add to quick collection now! Only when I go back to "custom order", I get the error message again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved it for me as well. Still, this is the second major bug I have with this release. I usually have three to four deal breaker with every new release, which takes months to fix. It's ridiculous how bad Lr gets treated, no testing whatsoever before a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague of mine compared us to beta testers now.  We're now all simply paying a monthly subscription to be beta testers, rather than be provided with a completed version of the software at any point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleague is right. Adobe (or anyone else, really) is skimping on testing (some higher up is probably making power points about "increased ROI at the expense of diminished customer satisfaction"), counting on the customers to do the job of reporting bugs. I work in the medical industry, we are held accountable if we sell products with problems (well, we would shut down because people might die if we issue faulty products). Since Adobe and software companies in general are usually not held accountable for the issues in their products, they get away with it. Without a legislation (like "every bug breaking the usability that the customer finds it's a 1% refund on the montly subscription until the problem is solved" or something along the lines) it'll only get worse.
Since we have good internet connections in most parts of the world, the term "patch" has assumed an increasingly and worrying significance. Just look at day one patches. Softwares are shipped knowingly faulty, quality don't matter, just the shipping deadline. Let the customer figure it out, if we sell enough, we'll fix it. If not, who cares, we made a profit anyway by cutting costs in the testing department.
For example I've been waiting for months for Cyberpunk 2077, and right now it's ridiculously flawed. The situation is so bad, there's even a bug where you can see the genitalia of male charachters sticking out of their pants. If this is not a wake up call for software companies, I don't know what will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed. Well done!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie!

Utilizzando questo escamotage, funziona!

GP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yessss!  This solution also worked for me!  Thank you so much for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the following error message when trying to add to a quick collection "?:0: attempt to compare nil with string" and the following poster had a solution that worked for me.

nielm75305285

I am using Lightroom Classic version 10 with windows 10 and I think I have a fix even if its temporary.

1. In the Library window select quick Collection in the left hand panel.

2. Go to the bottom of the image window and select something other than custom order, lets say 'As added'.

3. Now go to an image and add it to the quick collection and then unselect it. There should be no error.

4. Go back to step 1 above but at step 2 re select custom order and repeat step 3. The error should have disapppeared.

I hope this works for all of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solves the problem - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This was a big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always something when these updates occur. Please let me know how best to work around or correct this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't find any way to fix this, in my case the "undo" doesn't also work on collection. Basically they killed the collection on LR 10, it's impossible to use it now. Unfortunatelly I already did a lot on this version and can't go back to the stable LR 9. Anyone already find a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem moving image(s) from Folders to Collections 

Version Lightroom Classic: 10.0 [ 202010011851-ef6045e0 ]
Licence: Creative Cloud
Paramètre de langue: fr-FR
Système d'exploitation : Mac OS 10
Version : 10.14.6 [18G6042]
Architecture de l'application : x64
Nombre de processeurs logiques: 24
Vitesse du processeur : 3,3 Ghz
Version SQLite: 3.30.1
Mémoire intégrée : 65 536,0 Mo
Mémoire réelle disponible pour Lightroom : 65 536,0 Mo
Mémoire réelle utilisée par Lightroom : 12 356,7 Mo (18,8%)
Mémoire virtuelle utilisée par Lightroom : 30 246,7 Mo
Taille de la mémoire cache : 870,0Mo
Version interne de Camera Raw: 13.0 [ 610 ]
Nombre maximal de liens utilisé par Camera Raw : 5
Optimisation SIMD de Camera Raw : SSE2
Mémoire virtuelle de Camera Raw: 5578Mo / 32767Mo (17%)
Mémoire réelle de Camera Raw: 5663Mo / 65536Mo (8%)
Affichages : 1) 3840x2160, 2) 1920x1200

Informations relatives au processeur graphique :
Metal: AMD Radeon RX 580

Dossier de l'application : /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Chemin d'accès à la bibliothèque : /Volumes/Penderyn/Lightroom Library-v10.lrcat
Dossier des paramètres : /Users/Patrice/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Modules installés :
1) Adobe Stock
2) DxO PhotoLab 3
3) DxO PhotoLab 3 Importer
4) Flickr
5) HDR Efex Pro 2
6) Loupedeck2
7) Luminar 3
8) Luminar 4
9) Module externe d'importateur Aperture/iPhoto
10) ON1 Effects 10
11) ON1 Enhance 10
12) ON1 Photo 10
13) ON1 Portrait 10
14) ON1 Resize 10

Marqueurs Config.lua: None

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512
AudioDeviceName: $$$/dvaaudiodevice/SystemDefaultAndEffectiveDeviceName=System Default (Sortie ligne intégrée)#{comment}DVAAU-4201250: Open the audio hardware preferences page.
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100
Build: LR5x42
CoreImage: true
GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 0
GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8
GL_BLUE_BITS: 8
GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24
GL_GREEN_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384
GL_RED_BITS: 8
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon RX 580 OpenGL Engine
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_VERSION: 2.1 ATI-2.11.22
OGLEnabled: true
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_blend_weighted_minmax GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when adding to Quick Collection, never happed before. Adding to different collections or to Quick Collection in new a catalog worked fine for me. In my case clearing the Quick Collection helped, and now I can use it again without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines