Highlighted

Errors in exporting files

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I have had a problem with exporting files.  #1. WHen I could export a file the only settings were for the destination directory.  A 25MB file would be exported to a directiry and end up being about 15KB.  Now, I cannot export at all.  LR is telling me the files are not available or offline which is not the case.   Or, another error comes up and says the files cannot be exported and then a window pops up with a list of .jpg and CR2 files.   WHat gives?  2 attached photos to show error messages.   I also cannot find the place to download the setup file for LR6.  Thought it was there last time.   I checked my account and there is nothing listed for alll the programs I have purchased.   I also dislike the fact I cannot directly contact someone at Adobe.

Topics

Download and install, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Errors in exporting files

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I have had a problem with exporting files.  #1. WHen I could export a file the only settings were for the destination directory.  A 25MB file would be exported to a directiry and end up being about 15KB.  Now, I cannot export at all.  LR is telling me the files are not available or offline which is not the case.   Or, another error comes up and says the files cannot be exported and then a window pops up with a list of .jpg and CR2 files.   WHat gives?  2 attached photos to show error messages.   I also cannot find the place to download the setup file for LR6.  Thought it was there last time.   I checked my account and there is nothing listed for alll the programs I have purchased.   I also dislike the fact I cannot directly contact someone at Adobe.

Topics

Download and install, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you import the photos to? What hard drive? Is it an external hard drive? Is that external hard drive connected? On

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported to external HD that is on network and working very well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Implication is your OS is Windows. If your photos are on an external hard drive, has that external hard drive been assigned a drive letter, permanently. This is accomplished by the user. Otherwise the drive can be assigned a different letter at boot up. Then Lightroom will be looking fir the photos in the wrong spot.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It as worked very well over the last few months.  Problem just surfaced this last couple of days.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note in your thumbnails, in your filmstrip and the main window (in grid view) all those ! marks.see:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

and, would not be surprised if in your folder panel you see some ? marks, address those first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How am I going to address them?   The photos are there and no offline.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did adress that problem.  I had to rename back to the original.  It finally exported.   Strange since I had renamed the directory BEFORE opening up a new catalog.  Go figure..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0