• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I try to crop, it shows the wrong photo on the main screen, but the correct in navigator

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 64 bit, Lightroom v 10.1. This is killing me and can't find any answers to problem solve. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? Please upload a screen shot - a full screen image showing left-center-right panels open in Develop with the crop tool selected. When Lr  (or other apps) display odd behavior it's a good idea  to fully  power cycle your system. Shut  everything down and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buggy behavior

Consider resetting the preference file. The preference file can get corrupted, leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive updates, upgrades, re-installs. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleting it. After it is deleted, Lightroom Classic will create a new one upon launch. Side effect is settings in preferences will reset to defaults.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir. Unfortunately this did not solve my issue. I have a laptop without graphics card and whenever I crop an image in LR not LrC it will always show this first cropped image for every new crop. I have to close LR for each new crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whenever I crop an image in LR not LrC 

Ok, I am defiantly confused. What Lightroom are you using that has the crop issue? Lightroom or Lightroom Classic

In whatever Lightroom you are using, click on Help, then About, and post this:

7.png

or perhaps this:

8.png

And to clarify some performance info. please from the preferences, select performance and post this:

9.png

or this:

10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines