• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime i try exporting images lightroom stops responding,I'm using Lightroom 9.1 on MacOS 10.15.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i try exporting images lightroom stops responding,I'm using Lightroom 9.1 on Macbook pro Mid 2015 & MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.

Importing from and Exporting to a External portable SSD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina has major permissions changes. Google "catalina permissions" for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

out of 141 images that i'm trying to export, first attempt i was able to export 8 and then it just freezes. Captured the spindump & sysdiagnose. And Memory usage gets really hight and Lightroom goes "Not responding".

If its a permission issue it should not allow exporting few. This started happeneing after i downloaded the latest lightroom version.

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 12.10.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like many others are also facing this issue. And for whoever is facing this issue, This isnt a solution but atleast a workaround for now.

The problem is DEFINITELY saving to an external, which almost all of us do.  The only answer thus far is to save to your desktop, then copy the file to your normal external.  So long as you do that, you're work can be saved.  To those that are frozen right now, if you crash your computer, it will attempt to make a recovery file.  It is questionable as to when it will have the latest saved version. You may wish to take a screen shot and then be prepared to replicate the work you've done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the destination you are exporting to visable in a Lightrooms Folder Panel?

Apparently it might be possible to export to a folder not in the catalog, and that can slow things down. Never tried to see if this is urban legand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines