• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exclude Some Key Words for Export Option

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to exclude Key Words when I export an image. For example, I have a photo of an athlete where the athlete's name is a Key Word. In addition, I typically add the country they represent and possibly other Key Words such as male, female, sponsors, location, event, etc.

When I export these images, I only want the athlete's name to appear in the file name (along with my name and sequence number).

What I am trying to figure out is how to export the image with only the athlete's name and not the other Key Words I've assigned. In addition, if  I have a photo where there's 5 athletes and all are identified (show up in Key Word), I may crop the photo and export it. Again, now all 5 athletes appear in the file name.

Is there a way or place to add Key Words in LR to help find/organize photos and not have that information show up in the file name because I selected "Key Word" in the export?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Right-click the keyword itself, e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can mark keywords to not be exported. In the Keyword List panel, right-click the keyword, do Edit Keyword Tag, and uncheck Include On Export:

In addition, if  I have a photo where there's 5 athletes and all are identified (show up in Key Word), I may crop the photo and export it. Again, now all 5 athletes appear in the file name.

Make a virtual copy of the original photo, crop the virtual copy, and then remove the 4 irrelevant keywords from the virtual copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot locate the Edit Keyword Tag you reference to. When I right-click the Keyword List, these are the options I see (see attached image).

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 3.16.04 PM.png

Would love to perform the create Virtual Copies, but this would still require performing the step for hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might suggest- Put people names into the metadata 'Caption' field, then you can rename the exported photos with a rename preset for 'Caption' included in the filename (eg. Sequence-YourName-Caption ).  Include, or not, other keywords in the export options.

My thoughts are also to create Virtual Copies for Group shots, and Caption each for individuals.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good suggestion and will work on smaller projects and when turn around time isn't of the essence. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click the keyword itself, e.g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! You just introduced me to options I didn't know existed. I need to figure out what these other options can do, especially what is put a keyword Tag inside. I clearly have some learning to do.

For clarification:

(1) if I uncheck "Include on Export" the word will still show up as a Keyword for search purposes, but not in the name of the file when I export the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what is put a keyword Tag inside.

When you have a Keyword selected in the Keyword list- this menu option adds a "Child" keyword to the selected "Parent" Keyword. ie using a keyword hierarchy.

Another thought for your questions might be-

Use keywords to 'Name' people.

Search for photos with a keyword (eg. John)

Export these selected photos (for John) with a Rename preset that has a Custom option where you can type "John" into the filenames of the exports. [ Sequence-Author-Custom ]

ScreenShot043.jpg

Though this does not address the fact that if you export, including keywords, you will get all the keywords in the Metadata of the exported photos. And in the Filenames if keywords are used to rename.

If you are going to crop photos of groups to show just one person, then I think virtual copies are still the best answer-

eg. Four people group- press [Ctrl+'] four times- crop each vc for each person.  And this is where the "Caption" name would also work for the export naming.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines