• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXIF IPTC data (title, legend, and date) as text on pictures exported as jpeg files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very useful to have the possibility of writing some EXIF IPTC data such as title, legend, date...on pictures (maybe for a collection) before exporting them as jpeg files as it is possible for diaporamas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

I found that I was looking for ! I have to export the diaporama as JPEG, tag "Exporter le diaporama JPEG" in french, a directory is created with all the pictures as separated jpeg files with the texts you had defined in the diaporama. Thank you all and thank you Lightroom !

English Translation: Export JPEG slideshow

For anyone else landing here this can be easily done using the LrC Sldieshow module

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/adding-overlays-slides.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I beleived I was on the Lightroom CC forum !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not the Lightroom CC forum. There is no software named Lightroom CC, as Adobe has changed names on the software a couple of times and made things incredibly confusing for users like you who sometimes mistakenly post in the wrong forum because of this confusion.

So, what software are you using? I still don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic: You can 'write' any EXIF IPTC data UNDER a photo (on the border) with the Print module and "Print to a JPG file"!

But the text cannot be ON the image.

ScreenShot067.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, I will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a request for Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It would be very useful to have the possibility of writing some EXIF IPTC data such as title, legend, date...on pictures (maybe for a collection) before exporting them as jpeg files as it is possible for diaporamas."

I just went through the same search recently since I wanted to embed the TITLE on each image.

So first, this would not really be a feature of LR Export which is simply saving your image to a particular format.

As someone else has pointed, you can add some metadata to the bottom of a print. I do this with the filename for all my prints so I can find the image later.

In terms of embedding information write in the image, there are two choices:

• With the Adobe subscription, you can use PhotoShop to do this. I don't know how you would specify a specific piece of metadata in a text object but there may be a plug-in for that.
  • I ended up using Exif wMarker because I needed to batch assign the TITLE in metadata to the bottom of each exported JPG image I was using to create a Photo Essay. There are likely other products but Exif wMarker does what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that I was looking for ! I have to export the diaporama as JPEG, tag "Exporter le diaporama JPEG" in french, a directory is created with all the pictures as separated jpeg files with the texts you had defined in the diaporama. Thank you all and thank you Lightroom !

English Translation: Export JPEG slideshow

For anyone else landing here this can be easily done using the LrC Sldieshow module

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/adding-overlays-slides.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines