Highlighted

Exit proof preview?

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cat walked on my keyboard and now every time I edit a photo I'm asked if I want to save it as a proof. How do I get out of this mode? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

Your cat has put you into Soft-proofing mode. To get out of that, press "S", or uncheck the Soft-proofing option in the Toolbar (press "T" to show the toolbar).

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exit proof preview?

Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cat walked on my keyboard and now every time I edit a photo I'm asked if I want to save it as a proof. How do I get out of this mode? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jim_Wilde | Adobe Community Professional

Your cat has put you into Soft-proofing mode. To get out of that, press "S", or uncheck the Soft-proofing option in the Toolbar (press "T" to show the toolbar).

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in softproof mode.

So, whenever you make any develop edit changes Lightroom will ask you if you want to save it as a proof.

The keystroke 'S' in the Develop module toggles the image in or out of the softproof mode, so in the situation as described above pressing 'S' should exit the image out of softproof mode.

Tony Jay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks. That cat!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH THANK YOU!!!  It was driving me crazy.  I can't blame the cat, tho!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO funny. Literally the exact same thing happened to me! My cat walked on my keyboard and it was driving me  nuts!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, my cat just did that too, which is how I ended up on this page!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided to never learn how to turn off soft proofing so I can google it and come to this page a few times a year. Thanks guys.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines