• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exiting LR - no cancel button?

Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when it comes to exiting LR, a popup window will usually (in my case anyway) reveal itself asking if I want to backup the catalog or just exit. It would be nice to be able to change my mind and just hit a 'CANCEL' button and resume my work in LR. I know it's like, "why were you exiting in the first place then?", but sometimes I remember that I forgot to do something so it'd be nice if I could have the option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

The only reason you get that backup window is because you have LrC set to either backup every time LrC closes or back up once a day and it is the first time you exited LrC that day.

If it was set to the Default setting that dialog window would only come up once a week. What would you do then if you forgot to do something? You would Restart LrC.

A cancel button on the backup dialog window would just make it more confusing. Are you Canceling the backup? There is already a button for that, it is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to Lightroom (for the cloud, version 3.4) there really isn't a local catalog for you to backup. All of your changes are stored in the cloud, and it doesn't matter whether you exit or not. The changes are saved as you go. If you want to go back in to Lightroom just open the program again. Whether you exit or not is rather insignificant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting a backup message when exiting, you must be using Lightroom Classic not Lightroom. I am going to move your post to the Classic forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only reason you get that backup window is because you have LrC set to either backup every time LrC closes or back up once a day and it is the first time you exited LrC that day.

If it was set to the Default setting that dialog window would only come up once a week. What would you do then if you forgot to do something? You would Restart LrC.

A cancel button on the backup dialog window would just make it more confusing. Are you Canceling the backup? There is already a button for that, it is Skip this time and or until tomorrow or Next Week depending on what your settings are.

It certainly wouldn't be for canceling the shut down of the program because the only time you get the backup dialog is AFTER you have told LrC to CLOSE.

I think you are going to have to live with the way LrC is now. Or maybe ask over at the Photoshop Family forum system.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Oh Wait there is already a dialog for asking you IF You REALLY want to Exit/Quit LrC. All you have to do is "Reset All Warning Dialogs" and it will come up ever time you want to close LrC.

2020-09-05 00_07_52-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines