Highlighted

Export and select a folder to write image

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export an image, the select a folder option now forces you to select a folder with three clicks min required - you used to keep the last folder location selected

How do you keep the last folder selected and not have to keep selecting it?

This appears to be an update to Lightroom that greatly increases my workflow time and effort

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export and select a folder to write image

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export an image, the select a folder option now forces you to select a folder with three clicks min required - you used to keep the last folder location selected

How do you keep the last folder selected and not have to keep selecting it?

This appears to be an update to Lightroom that greatly increases my workflow time and effort

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version : MacOS or Windows?

On my Windows 10, I couldn't reproduce this behavior. The selected folder is always memorized (unless I click on "Cancel", but in this case there is no export at all).

I you can't find the cause of this problem, a workaround is to create a folder preset. It's even faster to use, since when you right click on an image, the contextual menu allows you to select the export preset, which avoid going thru the export window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - thanks for the input

I am using as Mac wtih Lightroom Classic on line through Adobe Creative Cloud

In the past few weeks Lightroom updated and the ability to create and have presets is still there is it just that you have to "select" your preset every time you export as it no longer keeps the last used preset selected or memorized as you say

I'll try the right click contextual menu idea

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you create an export preset with that folder included.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
ngang LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - thanks for the input

I am using as Mac wtih Lightroom Classic on line through Adobe Creative Cloud

In the past few weeks Lightroom updated and the ability to create and have presets is still there is it just that you have to "select" your preset every time you export as it no longer keeps the last used preset selected

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0