• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export DNG Bug in Lightroom SDK 8.0?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On page 67 of the "Lightroom Classic CC Programmer's Guide" (aka "Lightroom SDK Guide"), it specifies the following two values for the Lightroom built-in property keys (for an export session):

LR_DNG_conversionMethod:  either 'preserveRAW' or 'convertToLinear'

I tried to use the 'convertToLinear' option, but it just ignores it and always produces a "preserveRAW' image.  (Yes, I checked for spelling errors, used 'strict.lua', and verified with debugger that 'convertToLinear' is indeed being used in the export params table.)

This option was suspicious to me, since it is not even possible to do it from within Lightroom Classic via the program's Export menu (ie, there is no option available to export a linear format DNG, like there is with the Adobe DNG Converter app.).  So, if Lightroom CC cannot produce a linear DNG file, then it would make sense that the SDK not be able to do it either ... yet, this option is there in the SDK as I indicate above.

Can someone else confirm this?  And if it is a bug, how do I report it to Adobe?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe wants all bugs reported in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community . They've put little effort into the SDK for the past many years but they have fixed a few reported bugs. I'm guessing their response (if there is one) would be to change the documentation to match the implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines