• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export for email not working

Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, the Export with preset (for email) is not working.  I get the standard error message that LR cannot connect to the server and that I should check the account info and password.  I have gone to the Email Account Manager and checked, and the server settings and password are correct.  However, the Manager "cannot validate" this information (same "please check" error message), so I can no longer email photos from LR. 

I have the latest LRC (subscription), Win 10, and a gmail account (which is working normally).  I am not aware of any changes to my email or to LRC (beyond regular automatic updates), so I'm at a loss to know what has created this problem.  I've restarted both computer and program several times. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I sure would appreciate some help.  Thanks.

Gail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found the problem.  It's GOOGLE, surprise!  Gmail blocks Lightroom unless "allowless secure apps" is turned on, and google turns it off from time to time all by itself.  This is very annoying--both because Adobe should use more secure software and because gmail should allow one to give specific permission to LR. 

Sorry to have raised the issue, but there's the answer if anyone else has the problem.  Thanks much.

Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines