Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from Lightroom with a transparent PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Is there any plugin for Lightroom for saving the PNG with transparent background. I have tried "Magic Export" plugin. When I export the PNG, it adds the -1 at the end of the file name. Which I don't want.

Please let me know if there is any other plugin.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 and we now support exporting as PNG.

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

This update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

Read more about the Lightroom Ecosystem August release on the Adobe Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/august-photography-releases/

Plea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sourabhverma,

I tried to find one plugin that'll suit your need but couldn't find that can export PNG with the transparent background from Lightroom.

Our community experts may have some suggestions to offer.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 8.4 and we now support exporting as PNG.

To update Lightroom Classic to 8.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom Classic.

More detailed instructions for updating

This update includes new features and bug fixes to some of the top customer reported issues.

What’s new and fixed

Read more about the Lightroom Ecosystem August release on the Adobe Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/august-photography-releases/

Please update to latest version of Lightroom Classic and  share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Akash Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about hidding a background of a tiff image using a mask, then import it to Lightroom, then exporting as PNG in order to keep the transparency background? I tried it and didn't work, all exported images were flattened with a white background instyead of a transparent one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at my video to see if it helps:

https://youtu.be/0Q-5k6Y-Qc8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! The label "keep transarency" might be quite confusing and your tutorial is very illustrative. Even it doesn't reveal the mistery on how to keep "transaprency" made in Ps, tiff. 

Thinking better in the problem, It seems to me like at the momment of making the background clean-up I have to save a copy in PNG, and later export from Lightroom  have to be "as original" in order to keep both format and transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason the Underscore one ( _1 ) is being added is because there is already a file with the same name in the folder the export is going to.

You can't have 2 files in the same folder with the same name.

This has nothing to do with the title of your post. It is an OS thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider also-

You can only 'Export' a PNG file from Lr "as Original"

Develop editing of a PNG in Lightroom is not possible if you want to retain the transparency.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is most helpful. I was trying to change the dimensions of pngs... and was confused that this wasn't an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To change dimensions of PNG- Photoshop (a pixel editor) is the 'goto' for this.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines