• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export from LR to Instagram

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to export from Lightroom, directly into Instagram?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Simple answer: NO (not directly, obviously you could export, transfer to mobile device, then upload from there)

On my Windows computer, I use software called Blue Stacks, which is an Android emulator, so I export from LrC, import into Blue Stacks, then upload to Instagram, no mobile device needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

First you have to download Instagram from the Google Play store. Then you have to launch Instagram and enter your user ID and password. And then to Import files from Windows, there is a File manager app that you have to use to do the Import, after which usual Instagram procedure will access these photos and upload them to IG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: NO (not directly, obviously you could export, transfer to mobile device, then upload from there)

On my Windows computer, I use software called Blue Stacks, which is an Android emulator, so I export from LrC, import into Blue Stacks, then upload to Instagram, no mobile device needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I seem to remember a previous iteration of LR that had a Publish to Instagram option.

That being said, I don't use Android devices but in terms of Blue Stack, it doesn't care right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all you need is an Instagram account and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Blue Stacks but for the life of me, I can't figure how to either log onto my Instagram account or even the process of uploading an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you have to download Instagram from the Google Play store. Then you have to launch Instagram and enter your user ID and password. And then to Import files from Windows, there is a File manager app that you have to use to do the Import, after which usual Instagram procedure will access these photos and upload them to IG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dj_paige...all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear! I know that the first time I tried Blue Stacks, it probably took me 30 minutes to discover exactly how to import photos into Blue Stacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I seem to remember a previous iteration of LR that had a Publish to Instagram option."

There is a plugin that Facebook/Instagram broke when they decided to disallow desktop apps from directly uploading to those services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heirloom Bob 

Please mark MY answer correct, not your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Heirloom Bob and others.

I have a new favorite way to upload to Instagram from your PC or Mac, without using a mobile device. I use the web browser named Opera. In the left-hand panel of the browser, you will find an Instagram emulator. So, you launch Instagram (the first time you will have to sign in to Instagram, of course) and then click on the + sign at the top of the Instagram window, to upload photos from any folder on your PC. So of course, you still have to export the photos from LrC, but you no longer need an Android emulator like Blue Stacks, that I earlier described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know that Instagram recently changed so you can upload directly from their web page? You just click the + button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know, I usually never look at Instagram from my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines