• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export multiple images from LR classic to ps

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for reading my post. I'd like to know how to move two or more images that are in seperate folders from LRclassic to PS to use in a composite image.

I use a Macbook Pro and all my master images are stored on my external drive not on my internal drive so simply dragging them from Finder into PS wont work.

Just cant get my head round this one and cannot find an answer online...

Your advice owuld be appreciated.

Thanks... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

[Open as Layers in Photoshop] is the easier option to 'send' multiple selected photos from LrC to Photoshop, IF you want them in the ONE document (eg. a collage)-

ScreenShot327.jpg

Although if you opened them as separate documents (you see multiple tabs/windows in Ps)-

Activate the 'Move' tool and drag one photo onto the tab/window of another. Do not release the mouse button until you see the image appear as a new layer on the destination photo.

Then you can use Transform [Ctrl+t] and masking as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that all products are equally up to date, all you have to do is (1) be in the Develop mode) and then (2) press Command/Control-E (or go to Photo (menu) -> Edit in... and select PS) and that image will open in PS. IF you are asked, you will have to decide if you want to open the original image (before LRC edits) or after LRC edits. Either way, once you finish and close (and save) the image, it will be round-tripped back to LRC and will be the first in a Stack of 2. Thus, you do not lose your original image.

Note: it's been my experience that SOMETIMES the image will go to PS for editing but will not automatically come to the front. I do not know why this occurs but after a few seconds, if PS doesn't assert itself, just select PS from the Dock and you can go to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR, select each photo in turn do the menu command Phot > Edit >  Edit In Adobe Photoshop (see the menu for the keyboard shortcut).  Then switch to Photoshop, and all your photos will be there in separate tabs.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good greif...that worked...! 🙏🏻 Thanks... One more quick question please if you have a moment... Both images are in photoshop now in seperate tabs and seperate background layers ...how do I get them both into as seperate layers..say one on top of the other....? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Open as Layers in Photoshop] is the easier option to 'send' multiple selected photos from LrC to Photoshop, IF you want them in the ONE document (eg. a collage)-

ScreenShot327.jpg

Although if you opened them as separate documents (you see multiple tabs/windows in Ps)-

Activate the 'Move' tool and drag one photo onto the tab/window of another. Do not release the mouse button until you see the image appear as a new layer on the destination photo.

Then you can use Transform [Ctrl+t] and masking as needed.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge thanks...this worked...! If you want a laugh..it took me multiple attempts tp drag it correctly using the move tool before it worked (appeared as a new layer above the background layer) and for the life of me I cannot yet do it correctly each time lol but I managed to get the second image opened as a new layer above the background layer....

🙏🏻🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on WobertC's reply, beware that a fair number of people have reported Open As Layers doesn't work reliably in recent version of LR and PS:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/lightroom-classic-open-as-layers-in-... 

According to a couple reports, this problem may have gotten better with the most recent version of PS (22.1.1) and LR (10.1.1), so do Help > Updates to make sure you have these versions installed.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John many thanks for your help and advice.... 🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

windhover_uk wrote:

I use a Macbook Pro and all my master images are stored on my external drive not on my internal drive so simply dragging them from Finder into PS wont work.

I assume it doesn’t work because the images are in different Finder windows? If all of the images are in a single Finder window, drag and drop should work from any volume. Anyway — there might be another way to do this. Would the following drag-and-drop method work? It seems to work for me:

1. In the Library module in Lightroom Classic, select images that you want to open in Photoshop, and add them to a collection (if you don’t want to create one, make sure the Quick Collection is empty and then add the images to that). Then go to another folder, select the images you want, and add them to the same collection. Now you have a single collection containing images from multiple folders. 
  2. Select all of the images in the collection and choose Metadata > Save Metadata to Files. (This step is needed to transfer Lightroom Classic edits to Camera Raw in Photoshop. The Edit In… command normally does that for you, but we’re taking a different route here.) 
  3. With all of the images still selected, drag and drop them onto the Photoshop application icon (in the Dock, in the Application Switcher, etc.). 
  4. If they’re raw files, Camera Raw opens in Photoshop, containing the raw images you dragged. Choose Edit > Select All, then click Open. 

All of the images should open in Photoshop, with Lightroom Classic edits, as separate documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines