• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export not working on edits Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried exporting my image with a number of edits however when I come to export the edited image the original photo is exported instead. I have ensured the export settings save the image as a JPG instead of original which still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.Before EditedBefore EditedEdited PhotoEdited PhotoExport settingsExport settingsImage after exportingImage after exporting

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Ahh Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer. Not color calibrated.

First compare export to original w/edits in Lightroom Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

That's "Windows Photo Viewer" (from Windows 7), which actually is fully color managed. It's the new Windows "Photos" (from Windows 10) that dropped color management.

So the difference in this case is most likely caused by a defective monitor profile, which can affect applications differently.

You'll notice the same difference between Library and Develop in the screenshots above. The OP apparently misinterprets this as "before" vs "after". But it's not. They are both "after" - but one is inco

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your export dialog, the resize section, what happens  if you change it long dim on long side? That specifying size by geheight and width with one of the set to 0 seems so odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And not shown, anything happening in terms of presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to look at, the background behind the image. In Lightroom Classic you are using a dark gray. The resultant 'export is being displayed with a bright whatever background. For comparison make the background the same, Probably change the one in Lightroom if that last one is what you want in final.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh Microsoft Windows Photo Viewer. Not color calibrated.

First compare export to original w/edits in Lightroom Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, I've realised windows photo viewer does not show any of the basics edits I have done to the image when I view it, all the images show the edits when I upload it on social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution to getting the Win Viewer to display photos with edits?  I'm giving photo files to someone else and would like them to see the edited photos. Thanks for any any help! 

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's "Windows Photo Viewer" (from Windows 7), which actually is fully color managed. It's the new Windows "Photos" (from Windows 10) that dropped color management.

So the difference in this case is most likely caused by a defective monitor profile, which can affect applications differently.

You'll notice the same difference between Library and Develop in the screenshots above. The OP apparently misinterprets this as "before" vs "after". But it's not. They are both "after" - but one is incorrectly represented because of the broken monitor profile.

To correct this, use a calibrator to make a new profile. If you don't have one, use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary measure until you do (Adobe RGB if it's a wide gamut monitor). It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile.

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I will give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines