Highlighted

Export parts of a scan as separate images in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I want to scan a bunch of stamps as a single image, then import that into lightroom, apply a filter and export each of the cropped stam individually. Is that difficult to do? 

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export parts of a scan as separate images in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I want to scan a bunch of stamps as a single image, then import that into lightroom, apply a filter and export each of the cropped stam individually. Is that difficult to do? 

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to do this is to make virtual copies (Photo > Create Virtual Copy) equal to the number of stamps, then crop each virtual copy differently, then export them all. Virtual copies are great for this, because there will still only be one real scan file.

Advanced tip: Because a virtual copy is not a real file until you export it, it doesn't have a unique original file name. But you can name them so that they do have readable unique file names when you export the finished versions:

1. Switch to the Library module.
  2. Choose EXIF and IPTC from the pop-up menu in the Metadata panel header.
  3. For each stamp, fill in the Copy Name field in the Metadata panel. This should be whatever you want the final name of each stamp to be.
  4. In the Export dialog box when you export all of the cropped virtual copies, use the File Naming panel to rename the exported files using the Copy Name token.

I called that an “advanced tip” because it requires familiarity with the Metadata panel, the Export dialog box, and the token-based file renamer in Lightroom Classic. But it’s worth looking up how they all work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Virtual Copies makes it so easy.  [Ctrl+'] is the VC shortcut.

ScreenShot345.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines