Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export quality

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm new to the community so sorry if this question has been asked before.

I recently purchased a new iMac with 5k monitor. I also have a 2015 MacBrook pro and another older iMac.

I am using the same catalogue on all computers. And also using the same output settings when exporting: jpeg, AdobeRGB, 100% quality, 1500 pixels on the long side at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch.

I have noticed today on the new iMac that the exported images lose quality and are not sharp. There has been no issue with maintaining sharpness on the older computers.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Cheers

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Most likely displaying an image that is 1500 pixels on the long side on a 5K Monitor is the cause of the lack of sharpness.

Changing to 1:1 should not 'enlarge' the image, how did you do this change to 1:1?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the screen resolution and the Zoom % you are looking at. In LR if you have Fit selected that 1500 pixels on the long edge will make the image look pixelated. Try selecting 1:1. the image should then look smaller in size, like it is Zoomed Out, but will be one image pixel to one screen pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Just Shoot me

When I changed to 1:1 the image in Lightroom actually enlarged. The resulting jpeg images after export still remain soft. If I export as TIFF file with no image resizing, the image remains sharp. However this defeats the purpose of my reason to export as jpeg and resized, mainly image and file size. Again, I haven't this issue on my other Macs with the same export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your export Sharpening setting set at? Try the highest setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any sharpening on export. I have never done this before and the sharpening I do in Lightroom has been maintained after export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely displaying an image that is 1500 pixels on the long side on a 5K Monitor is the cause of the lack of sharpness.

Changing to 1:1 should not 'enlarge' the image, how did you do this change to 1:1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines