Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export question

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lightroomers,

When I was using PS Elements and wanted to send a photo to an internet site, I clicked on the Elements icon, Opened my files, found the photo and clicked on it and it went. Fast and simple. 

What is the corresponding option in Lightroom? All I can figure out is to send a photo to the desktop and move it into Elements files and then repeat the above. The major problem here is that Lightroom is going to blow its cookies because there is a photo unaccounted for in it's world and my folder will get flooded with ???? and I will not be able to use any photos in that LR folder. 

I can email from LR but that is not what these sites accept. So? (I can email the photo to myself and then put it in Elements or anywhere else but LR will probably still go crazy.)

Thanks to all,

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The major problem here is that Lightroom is going to blow its cookies because there is a photo unaccounted for in it's world and my folder will get flooded with ???? and I will not be able to use any photos in that LR folder."

Lightroom Classic doesn't care what happens when you export a file and then the exported photo is uploaded to some web service.

To upload to an internet site (it would be really helpful if you mentioned which internet site you are talking about) from Lightroom Classic, you can use a Publish Service in Lightroom Classic; or you can simply export the photo from Lightroom Classic and then upload the exported photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

When I was using PS Elements and wanted to send a photo to an internet site, I clicked on the Elements icon, Opened my files, found the photo and clicked on it and it went.

End Quote:

I seriously doubt it was that simple to send, Export, an image file from your drive to some online. Internet, Site. Although I personally have never used PS Elements unless you setup some kind of Preset, Action, to do that and then at the time of export actually Select that Action and or Preset how would PS Elements know where to send that file.

It is not a Mind Reading program.

So there are things you are not telling us.

In LrC you can setup an online system in the Publish Services section and use that yo Publish the images you want to that service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JSM,

I didn't try to deceive you but what I didn't say was that sending a photo with email was that simple and sending one to an Internet site was also but both cases had a site waiting and receptive. Email is looking for that click and the other sites had a photo/video area to click which also was waiting. But that is it.

However, much to my happy surprise, apparently LRC doesn't give a damn about photos that are exported anywhere. What I do now is to email myself a photo and then download it and put it on my desktop to put it into Elements and ship it out. 

I was told about the Publishing Service before and will investigate. Might save me a few steps. Thanks for helping.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However, much to my happy surprise, apparently LRC doesn't give a damn about photos that are exported anywhere."

No way of knowing what this means. But as stated above, Publish Services in Lightroom Classic allow you to upload photos from Lightroom Classic to many different web sites. You still have not mentioned which web site you are talking about, there might be a Publish Service that requires essentially "one-click".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj,

What I meant was that when images are taken out of LR to be stored on any other program, LR loses contact with them and then puts question marks over your file of origon of the image and you lose access to Developing it or going to PS. It happened to me when the Picasa program I have was put on auto-scan and it somehow took over the access to the HD 

images that I had just imported to LR. This was solved when Picasa was taken off auto scan. However, when you export images from LR this is not a problem anymore.

I will check out the Publish Service.

Thanks,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

What I meant was that when images are taken out of LR to be stored on any other program, LR loses contact with them and then puts question marks over your file of origon of the image and you lose access to Developing it or going to PS.

End Quote:

No images aree Stored in LrC. No Images are stored "IN" Other programs.

LrC is a Datbase program. When you import images to it all that happens is a Record, A Reference, is made in the database file as to on what drive and in what folder the images are styored on. If you move that file to some other folder on the same drive or on another drive Outside of LrC the record made in the database is no longer valid. So yes LrC will display a Exclamation Mark on the image and if you move the whole folder a question mark will be next to that folder name.

You need to learn how LrC works and how to properly work with LrC.

Lightroom Classic tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I meant was that when images are taken out of LR to be stored on any other program, LR loses contact with them and then puts question marks over your file of origon of the image and you lose access to Developing it or going to PS.

I can't follow your logic, which is spurious to say the least. Exporting does not cause Lightroom Classic to lose track of the original image. Doing something with the exported image does not cause Lightroom Classic to lose track of the original images. 

And if you don't want Lightroom Classic to lose track of the originals, leave them alone. Don't remove them from Lightroom Classic. I never have had Lightroom Classic lose track of my originals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines