• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exported jpgs have different size than I put in

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I hope everyone is well and healthy at this time!

I want to print some pictures and the lab gave me specific file sizes (2433 x 3602 px or 206 x 305 mm). I work with RAW / DNG and when I exported my pics to my folder as jpg I typed in these measurements in the export dialogue in LR, but the jpgs are all over the place size wise. What am I doing wrong?

Would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you and be well!

sabine!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to first crop the photo to the 2433x3602 aspect ratio. I'm not sure if Lightroom will let you hit that aspect ratio exactly, you will need to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I will try that right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do as dj advises and if you have several images selected, landscape and portrait, input long side pixels as 3602 in the resize section of the export dialog box and Lightroom will resize up or down as required by the crop. See the screen capture.

The amount you insert in the resolution box is not relevant, make sure you leave the "Don't enlarge" unchecked.

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 11.00.00 AM.png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! I will try that out and see how I go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines