Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

After I export an image where I'm happy with the edit it comes out much darker then it is in Lightroom? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, might be a rookiemisstake, I'm new to it.

Left is the image in Lightroom before export and right is after export..? I dont make any changes before exporting the image & I've tried to re-Install Lightroom aswell... Do I need to format my PC aswell? Feels a bit overkill..?

whyyyyy.jpg

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

After I export an image where I'm happy with the edit it comes out much darker then it is in Lightroom? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, might be a rookiemisstake, I'm new to it.

Left is the image in Lightroom before export and right is after export..? I dont make any changes before exporting the image & I've tried to re-Install Lightroom aswell... Do I need to format my PC aswell? Feels a bit overkill..?

whyyyyy.jpg

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 07, 2020

It's possible that you see a difference on your computer, but the images you posted display identically on my monitor.

Are you on Windows 10?

And are you using the Photos app to view the exported image? If not, what application are you using?

Reinstalling Lightroom or formatting your computer will not solve the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

As I see, both on my PC & smartphone the left one is slightly darker?

For example, details on her jacket becomes black in the center where the zip is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 07, 2020

Are you working from a calibrated PC?

Could you post a Histogram of the file in question Lightroom Classic?

Or are you using LRMobile?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

• Hmh not sure if it's calibrated, but I van spot the difference both on PC & smartphone.. The tone is slightly darker in the darker details on the right one. I'm using LR Classic. How do I create a histogram? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hmh not sure if it's calibrated, but I van spot the difference both on PC & smartphone.. The tone is slightly darker in the darker details on the right one. I'm using LR Classic. How do I create a histogram? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Betreff: Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 08, 2020

Also, let us know the type of your monitor and whether you have it calibrated or not.

Is the export to jpg?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Betreff: Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

It's a Benq monitor, not sure if calibrated, & the export is to JPG.

If the difference is in the exported picture.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I see what you mean, the dogs nose details is darker on the exported image.  I've beeen getting this a lot myself and wanted to ask the same question.  To be honest, the difference I'm having is a lot more severe.  My PC is calibrated, I export SRGB and side by side, the Lightroom image is a lot lighter than the resulting Jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Yea man, the darker details disappears and it's superannoying 😞 

Sad to hear u have the same issue! Hopefully we'll get some answers in this thread 🙂 please let me/is know of u have a fix for this 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 09, 2020

You still haven't told us what application you are using to view the exported image.

The Photos app is not color managed, and can not be expected to display correctly.

Phones are not color managed either.

Lightroom is color managed, and uses the monitor profile to display correct colors, provided that you have a correct and sound monitor profile.

Since no native Windows applications are color managed, you can either use Bridge to view exported images, or a third party color managed image viewer like  FastStone, free for personal use. You have to turn on color management in Settings, both check boxes must be checked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines