• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video "disappears" after closing Lightroom (classic)

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'v had some spooky stuff going on today with Lightroom, it's 3 times in a row now that it happened so decided to ask around.

For a project I shot some short video's & some pictures with my DSLR camera all in .mov format & .nef (raw).

Sorted my files, imported them in Lightroom (classic) including my video's, edited them thanks to the "capture frame" work around & sync option. Then exported it all and as mentioned 3 times in row my exported video's just disappeared in thin air after closing down Lightroom. First time I noticed, was after my video's couldn't be found anymore within my After Effects project where I started editing them AFTER the export and once I clossed Lightroom.

Quite strange they just dissapear after closing Lighroom and yet could be imported into After Effects, played, edited, etc. without any trouble aslong as lightroom is/was open?

Could someone please explain what kind of spooky stuff this is, and how to solve it? Because I'll be doing several such projects in the near future, and don't plan to export all my videos seperatly and check each one of them if they will dissapear or not...

Oh and the most strange thing is it didn't happen with all video's, just some...

@Adobe: Time for a decent video editing library or make Lightroom beter suited for videos, certainly within the develop mode!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.  I'm working on a zoom video that I imported in, had to keyframe all the audio because of the sync problems with Zoom.  Then after that, my entire video disappeared.  The graphics are still there but no video.  Like it's due tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines