• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to take a Lightroom image and edit in Photoshop is greyed out as are all the other options under "edit in" apart from "edit in other applications".  Someone help.....please!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

My [Edit In] menu shows  {Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021}-

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

So it is possible your install of Ps has not correctly adjusted the Windows Registry to enable the link between LrC & Ps.

So start with Solution #1 at  EDIT IN Photoshop command missing 

Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I see your post was moved from the 'Lightroom' forum to the 'Lightroom Classic' forum.

If you are using Lightroom v4.0 (Cloud based) then you must have Photoshop installed. The menu to "Edit in Photoshop" appears even if Photoshop is NOT installed  (but is inactive).

If you are in Lightroom-Classic v10.0:

A Grey 'Edit-In' menu may be caused by-

1) The photo is 'missing'. Lightroom does not know where the original photo is stored- it has been deleted, renamed, moved, by the OS outside of Lr.  Grid view thumbnail is showing a [!] on the border? (or possibly a corrupt file)

MISSING PHOTOS

2) You are using Smart Previews and the original file is not connected to the computer or available to Lightroom. (eg. external usb drive not connected). Plug in the external drive- check that it is using the same Name/Letter as before. (Also see the link for Missing photos)

3) Lightroom and Photoshop are not linked correctly in Registry/plist.  See this link-

EDIT IN Photoshop command missing

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I can confirm that Lightroom Classic does see the photo that I am trying to edit in Photoshop 2021.  I can also confirm that although the original photo is on my hard drive which is backed up to OneDrive, just in case, I tried loading a photo from an external hard disk into Lightroom Classic and exactly the same problem occurred i.e. opens in LR but "Edit in Photoshop" finction greyed out.

The function worked perfectly on Wednesday and stopped on Thursday - any coincidence that both LR and PS had updates on Thursday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nick, I am having trouble understanding your descriptions.

"Classic does see the photo"- Do you mean that a thumbnail is visible in the Library Grid View?

Does this thumbnail in the Grid View have an exclamation mark [!] in the top corner?

What do you mean by "loading a photo..."?  Do you mean 'Importing' to the Catalog?

Post some screen-clips that might be helpful- 

One showing a selected photo in the Grid view,

Another of the report you see from the MENU : Help > System Info...

And another of the menus that appear when you [Right-Click] on a photo for 'Edit-In'

"any coincidence that both LR and PS had updates on Thursday?"

Possibly!  Because 'Photoshop 2021' can be installed, and 'Photoshop 2020' may also remain installed. (Confusion for Lightroom!)

Check in the Creative Cloud Desktop App to see if both Ps versions are installed.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ongoing support - and apologies for any misleading terminology - yes, "loading" = importing to a catalog.

Screenshots - first on, grid view, no exclamation mark

nick1804_6-1603630037816.png

Shot 2 - system info

nick1804_7-1603630076456.png

Shot 3 - "Edit in" dialogue showing PS greyed out

nick1804_8-1603630147194.png

Shot 4 - Creative Clound screen showing PS updated

nick1804_9-1603630195001.png

Shot 5 - just in case, went to program store to check what is loaded for PS - just PS 2021

nick1804_10-1603630268161.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My [Edit In] menu shows  {Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021}-

ScreenShot001-2.jpg

So it is possible your install of Ps has not correctly adjusted the Windows Registry to enable the link between LrC & Ps.

So start with Solution #1 at  EDIT IN Photoshop command missing 

Solution 1: Uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop - problem solved.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, have you opened Photoshop 2021 since it has been upgraded? Did you also update ACR?

Try booting Ps 2021 before you do the edit in Photoshop procedure in Lightroom and see if that makes a difference.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Problem solved - uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first step is to double-check to confirm that you have updated Lr Classic, PS, and ACR as these all work in conjunction.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines