Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images from LRC 10.1 darker than original

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just "upgraded" to 10.1 (and the new PS) and now having problems with exporting images.  I imported images this evening after upgrading to 10.1 and after spending quite some time editing in LRC and PS, when I now export my images, they are darker and the color is not the same as in LRC.  I just worked on some images just 2 days ago before the "update" and had no problem.  In fact I just exported one of those files and it had no problems.  I did nothing different as far as importing and exporting is concerned and nothing has changed on my system as well.  I even took an unedited image and exported it and have the same problem.  What changed?!!!  I'm running Windows 10 if it helps.  This is very frustrating.  I've attached two images, one is a screen shot taken from LRC before exporting and the other is the image after exporting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not attach screenshots, but embed them. That way others do not have to download them to see them. Use this:

Embed screenshot.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry 'bout that.  Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some possibilities:

• You are viewing the exported image in an application without color management, like the Photos app. The increased saturation suggests that your monitor may be wide gamut. With this kind of monitor, it's crucial to only use color managed applications to view your work.
  • If you are viewing the exported image in a color managed application, you probably have a defective monitor profile.

So in what application are you viewing the exported image?

And what is the make and model of your monitor?

Screen Shot.JPG

_DSC1601-Edit5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Per Berntsen 

Quote:

• You are not embedding the profile when exporting. Both Convert to sRGB and Embed profile must be checked.

End Quote:

I find no option to Embed profile in the LrC Export dialog window. Please state where this option is located.

NOTE: I am moving your other post that is exactly the same as the one I am replying to to the Holding Room for deletion. It is a duplicate of the one above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely right about Embed profile, that applies only to Photoshop. Guess I thought I was in the Photoshop forum. I'll edit the reply.

The double post is caused by some glitch in the forum.

After posting, the post did not appear, although the post count (2 at the time) was correct.

Refreshing the page did not help, so I posted again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  I'm using the Windows photo viewer to view the images.  I understand that there will be some difference from the LRC image but since I upgraded it seems to be worse and I've never had this problem before.  As far as my monitor is concerned, I'm using an Acer ET322QU and is currently set for sRGB.  I've been testing with exporting other files and a strange thing is that it seems the images that are having problems are ones that I used a custom white balance when I shot so I could get warmer skin tones.  (I'm shooting with a Nikon D850 using a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 lens.)  One set I even shot before the upgrade and didn't have any problems like this.  I even took the same images and imported them to my laptop which is running 10.0 and it seems to be better.  Again there is a little bit of difference as expected but not as bad.  I've been able to export the ones I want after desaturating them and playing with the contrast, etc. but this will be a real pain moving forward.  If you have any other ideas or if it seems I might be doing something wrong feel free to let me know.  I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my  iPad those two images look identical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.  They are different on my system for some reason.  I just replied to another guy above and I tried it on my laptop using 10.0 instead of 10.1 and it seems to be better.  I'm still testing to see what I might be doing wrong or what the problem is.  I have found a workaround but it will be a pain.  I'll take a look at it on my phone to see if there is any difference on that.  Thanks again for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I clearly see the difference in those two screenshots. The difference is entirely consistent with color managed vs. non-color managed, so the very first thing to do is take that out of the equation: View in a color managed viewer, like for instance Bridge.

Most people instinctively think there's "something wrong with the exported file". But there's usually nothing wrong with the file. The numbers are exactly the same. The question is whether it's displayed correctly. It isn't if the color management chain is broken. That happens (obviously) in a viewer without color management support at all; but notably it also happens if the monitor profile is bad or defective. The profile has to be accurate for this to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines