Highlighted

Exporting images out of Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can over saturate my images to get bright colors (blues, greens, reds, etc); however, exported JPG images lose this brilliance.  What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you're exporting with Color space set to Adobe RGB or ProPhoto in the Export dialog, and viewing the exported image in an application which is not color managed. This will cause desaturation.

Always use the sRGB profile when exporting, unless you know what you're doing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting images out of Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can over saturate my images to get bright colors (blues, greens, reds, etc); however, exported JPG images lose this brilliance.  What am I doing wrong?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like you're exporting with Color space set to Adobe RGB or ProPhoto in the Export dialog, and viewing the exported image in an application which is not color managed. This will cause desaturation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to tell since you do not provide much information (such as your export settings). But, if I were to guess, I’d say you are not specifying sRGB as the color space for the exported images. This is a common cause of colors looking faded or plain wrong when viewing the exported images in web browsers or email.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0