Exporting LR presets with profiles to sell

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking into selling my lightroom preset. With the presets, I also have acr profile sliders attached. I use them for all my editing, and they work great. However, I can not figure out how to export them so that they will work for other users.
I have tried exporting the collection as an xmp. Zip file thinking all will be fine and dandy. However, when other friends have been attempting to use it on their LR classic and LR Mobil, it doesn't work.
I am thoroughly stumped on the solution here. Any advice would be so appreciated.

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for attaching the preset -- that's very helpful.  That preset, Soleil 01, was created with the Treatment & Profile box checked, and it references a creative profile called Slow Jams. For someone else to use Soleil 01, they'll also need to have Slow Jams -- otherwise, even though LR lets them import Soleil 01, it won't appear in their Presets panel.  So try including Slow Jamps in the .zip you're making. [Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for attaching the preset -- that's very helpful.  That preset, Soleil 01, was created with the Treatment & Profile box checked, and it references a creative profile called Slow Jams. For someone else to use Soleil 01, they'll also need to have Slow Jams -- otherwise, even though LR lets them import Soleil 01, it won't appear in their Presets panel.  So try including Slow Jamps in the .zip you're making.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much John, 

That was very helpful. I have a follow up question though. I tried to export my profiles as an xmp. to add to the folder so the presets can work properly, however I cant figure out how to do it. I have tried to find a tutorial but I dont know how to make it work. I tried to save the xmp. filr from acr and it still didnt work in the folder so I think I am doing it wrong. 

Any advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much John, 

That was very helpful. I have a follow up question though. I tried to export my profiles as an xmp. to add to the folder so the presets can work properly, however I cant figure out how to do it. I have tried to find a tutorial but I dont know how to make it work. I tried to save the xmp. filr from acr and it still didnt work in the folder so I think I am doing it wrong. 

Any advice?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen referenced here before that providing a DNG file in your Preset zip file will capture all the information needed to pass the preset treatment on to a third party.

Have you tried that?

Johns answer is correct of course but I thought a single DNG file might give you another option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines