• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting photos from lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Adobelightroom and it will not let me export photos to applicatoins/photso file on Mac.  Please adivse!!

(Edited by Moderator to remove multiple Return key presses)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you seem to be trying to export to the Photos app, why? Try exporting to a folder on your desktop. What are tbe sported files for? That will help determine the best location for your export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Can't Export to Apple Photos.

You can, as said above, export to a Folder on your hard drive and then open that image in Photos.

But I suggest you pick One Photo editing and organizing program, LrC or Photos, and stick to using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  Is lightroom c a different program and separate from Lr?  Sorry--so new to all of this.  I like how I can organize and upload to Lr and am sure I just don't understand all of the uses quite yet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The names of the software can get confusing, as Adobe has done a terrible job naming their programs (it's almost as if Adobe wants to confuse people).

Lightroom Classic (which now shows LrC on the icon but a few days ago the icon said Lr) is different that Lightroom (Lr). Lightroom Classic (LrC) runs on your local computer and all the photos are stored locally as well. Lightroom (Lr) runs on your local computer and also runs on mobile devices, but all of the photos are stored in "the cloud". In addition, LrC and Lr have somewhat different features, with LrC having a more powerful editor, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines