Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting problem DNG -> JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Another problem appeared yesterday.  I have used the LrC six months - everything has worked. Now the edits are not changing to JPEG, when  exporting DNG files. I use a hp and Lightroom classic (LrC)

DNG -> JPEG

1)  I imported a RAW file   ->  converted to DNG.

2)  DNG   ->  Develop - Edited an image and   ->   File  ->export.

Page / Export One File

File naming:
I can see that
Example: rose.DNG - it is still in DNG format and not in JPEG format like earlier.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.  I dare not do anything to avoid messing up. I've always exported all the images in this way.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

ottoelli

70 yrs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

In the Export window, in File Settings, make sure that Image Format is set to JPEG (and not Original):

johnrellis_0-1595831077255.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

In the Export window, in File Settings, make sure that Image Format is set to JPEG (and not Original):

johnrellis_0-1595831077255.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnrellis,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

I checked File Settings - and you are absolutely right -

Image Format was not set to JPEG (It was Original)

Thanks again - All I can say - You make my day - I'm so happy !!!
Good night from Finland.
Best wishes,

ottoelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export a photo, LrC creates a new copy in the format you choose to export to. So, you should still have that DNG file, AND a new JPEG file.

It is possible that the two files get stacked together

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/grouping-photos-stacks.html

https://laurashoe.com/2017/03/23/exporting-in-lightroom-export-location-settings/

It is also possible, based on your current sorting criteria, that the new JPEG file may be just a lot further along in the filmstrip as opposed to just next to the DNG file.

I suspect stacking first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidg36166309,

Thank you kindly for your help. I really appreciate this  - I believe this will be of help.

Best regards,

ottoelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it was that easy to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines