• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Transparent PNG from Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having troubles exporting a transparent PNG from Lightroom Classic. I imported the photos as Tif files with transparent backgrounds and did some color correction. When I try to export them as PNG files with the new edits, they are always given a white background. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you can only do that from Ps. So Send that Corrected TIF over to Ps and then save it as a PNG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send the Lightroom Classic corrected TIF to Photoshop (cmd + e, edit copy with lightroom adjustments), it opens with the white background baked into the photo, not seperated or transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then either send it back as original or Copy Without LrC adjustment then call up the ACR Filter and do the CR adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really inconvenient solution that basically amounts to 'Start over again'. Not your fault, I appreciate the help. I guess 'Save Transparency' when exporting tiff from Lightroom just doesn't work. Not too pumped about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines