• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video clips with "quick develop" presets hangs

Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export video clips with some basic color grading applied, the process will hang indefinitely at some point before all the clips are exported. I'm only able to complete the processes if I stop the export, and start again, only selecting the clips that hadn't been processed before thngs ground to a halt.

But the odd thing is that if I close LightRoom, some of the processed files literally disappear from my hard drive, as if they were never written. My workaround is to copy the folder holding the processed files - those copies remain after I close LightRoom.

Anyone else seen anything like this??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't add a preset does it happen? If you create a preset yourself does it happen?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will check it out - I've only done it so far with presets created myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure that when you create the presets that you only include what you've changed (by ticking only those boxes in the dialog), and to avoid non video things like Transform. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right - I've stuck to only those processes that are kosher for video! Seems not to make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it with some built-in presets, and the same thing happens. 9 files to export, and the export process just hangs after 5 are processed - the progress bar just stays onscreen as if the files are being written, but nothing happens.

So, I x out of the export process, and start it again for the remaining four files. Now, they're succesfully exported, and the export progress bar closes. All nine mp4 files have been dropped into their designated destination.

Now, on closing LR, the four files most recently processed disappear from my hard drive! So strange - they are just gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that's bananas. And with no preset? I ask that because if it's happening without the presets, it's video export itself that's the issue, rather than the preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the grid view, the "Quick Develop" preset tab has a "default" setting - which I suppose is the closest thing to no preset. 

Ine the export dialog, I am choosing "H.264" and "max quality" for the file output, and including all metadata - although I can't see what difference that would make!

Yes, it's extremely wacky. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines