• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exports corrupted files - Lightroom Classic

Participant ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 8.3 release (updated on 22.05.2019)

Steps taken:

Press the Export' button on Lightroom' and export web resolution images > Upload to Adobe My Portfolio > Image uploads, but then goes missing after about a minute, leaving a blank space.  See attached screenshots.

Reported the issue to Adobe My Portfolio & below is the reply I've received. Isn't this a major issue that should be fixed urgently???

"Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this issue!

It looks like your images may be broken. Can you please try uploading your images to Photoshop > click 'File' at the top > Export > Save for Web. Please remember to save at is a jpeg and then upload it to Portfolio again. "

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 4.55.56 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.07.02 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the file size limit and instead reduce the quality to 60. That may result in better compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jon! Yes certainly, I'll give it ago.

The issue occurs with, only some images/intermittent.

Also I've exported/uploaded hundreds of files using the same export specs before without a problem. This appears to be a new issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been some problems in Classic 8.3 with a writable error although when using an older export preset to network storage or a preset including FTP upload. I don’t think your issue is connected but you could try exporting initially to the desktop or use the option “choose folder later”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an export preset to export images to the iMac hard-drive, that I've set up a while back. Therefore. it could be connected to the Classic 8.3 issue... I'll try the "choose folder later" option as well.

So far, reducing the Quality' instead of limiting the file size' appear to have worked. I'll be able to confirm after a week or so.

Is there a way to see the output file size in LR, at the time of export? as in Photoshop. That will be a helpful feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. See Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I’ve tested this.

Steps taken:

Close LR

Update LR to 8.3.1

Reopen LR

Export photos using the exiting export preset with "Export To: Specific folder" option: Isue persists

Add new export preset using the same settings as above: Isue persists

Add new export preset with “Choose folder later” option: No issue! Photos can be successfully uploaded to My Portfolio.

I have no trouble creating new export presets with the “Choose folder later” option at this stage, as there’s only around 10 that I have to redo.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 11.10.44 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aude.au  wrote

Thanks for your reply Jon! Yes certainly, I'll give it ago.

The issue occurs with, only some images/intermittent.

Also I've exported/uploaded hundreds of files using the same export specs before without a problem. This appears to be a new issue.

Sounds like a possible hardware malfunction to me. I would suspect either a hard disk or memory malfunction, so run diagnostics on those. (It's also possible that the transmission to the web site is the cause)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines