• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure issue Library vs Develop

Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into an odd issue with LR Classic 8.2.1.

- Edited 214 images from a shoot.  Everything looked good in the Develop module.

- I exported 214 JPGs and upload to my online gallery (Pixieset) as I do numerous times every week.

- I happen to notice that 3 photos are severely underexposed.

- I go back to Lightroom.  They look fine there, like all 214 photos do.

- Only today did I notice that in the Library module, the images are underexposed, like they are on the gallery.  I can flip back and forth between the Develop module (proper exposure) and Library module (underexposed).

Ideas???  I really hope this hasn't caught me with other shoots.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's either a broken monitor profile, or a very noisy image not viewed at 1:1 and/or resampled to lower pixel dimensions.

A defective monitor profile can affect Library and Develop differently. Although they both end up in the same monitor color space, the source color spaces are very different (Adobe RGB vs. linear TRC ProPhoto). So the actual conversions are different.

Similarly, screen resampling algorithms are different. Compare both at 1:1, which maps exactly one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel.

Noise comes in many forms. For instance, a starry night sky is functionally noise. Any sharp, pixel-level transitions that will be softened by resampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its not a computer software problem might it not be user / camera error?

3 out of 214 doesn't seem too bad an average . . .

Which camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have a similar issue, my images in the library look right with the correct exposure out of the camera. However, Lightroom will apply a subexposition on the images when being in the 'Develop' space, once I click one of the images it will automatically do this. No parameters change but the image do so I can't really change anything to go back to normal (except from applying more exposure in an original well exposed image, which creates artifacts and deteriorates the image. It has been happening since I first downloaded Lightroom like 6 months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Gerard+Puigmal  wrote

I happen to have a similar issue, my images in the library look right with the correct exposure out of the camera. However, Lightroom will apply a subexposition on the images when being in the 'Develop' space, once I click one of the images it will automatically do this. No parameters change but the image do so I can't really change anything to go back to normal (except from applying more exposure in an original well exposed image, which creates artifacts and deteriorates the image. It has been happening since I first downloaded Lightroom like 6 months ago...

Since you are not the Original Poster to this discussion I suggest you start your own discussion.

your problem is not the same as the OP. His images look fine in the Develop and not in Library. The Exact Opposite of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines