Highlighted

Exposure leveling / balancing not working

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of pictures that have been taken over the course of a cpl hours during a project...pretty much everything is a little different here and there, they do have some essentials in common thou - background is an outdoor stairway in front of a church (after cropping to the desired format, the background fills the shots completely), there is a large lettering made of yellow duct tape on the stairs and there are between 1-8 ppl on each pic...pretty sure they're all taken from more or less the same distance at more or less the same focal length...

now i used that tool designed to balance / level the exposure of the pictures taking one of them as a reference (ctrl+alt+shift+M)...to be found in the settings tab when the develop module is active...usually this works pretty well with pictures being as similar as these, from my experience...now this time it just screws up...it actually sets negative values for pics that, compared with the reference image, are already too dark...

any ideas what i am facing here and how to get LR to to what i want?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exposure leveling / balancing not working

New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a series of pictures that have been taken over the course of a cpl hours during a project...pretty much everything is a little different here and there, they do have some essentials in common thou - background is an outdoor stairway in front of a church (after cropping to the desired format, the background fills the shots completely), there is a large lettering made of yellow duct tape on the stairs and there are between 1-8 ppl on each pic...pretty sure they're all taken from more or less the same distance at more or less the same focal length...

now i used that tool designed to balance / level the exposure of the pictures taking one of them as a reference (ctrl+alt+shift+M)...to be found in the settings tab when the develop module is active...usually this works pretty well with pictures being as similar as these, from my experience...now this time it just screws up...it actually sets negative values for pics that, compared with the reference image, are already too dark...

any ideas what i am facing here and how to get LR to to what i want?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2020 0

Have something to add?