Highlighted

External editing is not importing the new PSD files into the library since upgrading macOS.

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running the latest lightroom classic 9.2.1 on a macbook pro. I recently upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and since then any external edits to the RAW files from lightroom to photoshop are no longer imported into the library after saving (I hope that makes sense).

It used to be that LR would display the original RAW file, then once the PSD file was saved, the image would disappear from the window, then display the PSD file with the edits and be stacked with the original. Now once the PSD file is saved, the image disappears from the window but the PSD file is never imported and displayed. The window remains blank and no image is selected. The PSD file is not in the library at all. I have to synchronise the folder each time just so it is imported to the folder and then manually stack it with the original if I want to retain that approach.

I have since uninstalled LR and reset the preferences but still have the same irritating result. Does anyone else have experience with this problem and can offer up some suggestions about how to fix the issue?

Thanks

Dean.

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

External editing is not importing the new PSD files into the library since upgrading macOS.

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running the latest lightroom classic 9.2.1 on a macbook pro. I recently upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and since then any external edits to the RAW files from lightroom to photoshop are no longer imported into the library after saving (I hope that makes sense).

It used to be that LR would display the original RAW file, then once the PSD file was saved, the image would disappear from the window, then display the PSD file with the edits and be stacked with the original. Now once the PSD file is saved, the image disappears from the window but the PSD file is never imported and displayed. The window remains blank and no image is selected. The PSD file is not in the library at all. I have to synchronise the folder each time just so it is imported to the folder and then manually stack it with the original if I want to retain that approach.

I have since uninstalled LR and reset the preferences but still have the same irritating result. Does anyone else have experience with this problem and can offer up some suggestions about how to fix the issue?

Thanks

Dean.

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Eric_Pec LATEST
Participant ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had this issue.

Have you checked you LR external editing preference? I provide an example below. This setting works fine with Photoshop when right clicking on an image ( or a set of) in LR and click on edit in Photoshop.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
eric@pecquerie.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines