Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Hard drive not seen in LR cc

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help. I have purchased a new Mac Pro laptop. I have always had LRcc, the one you pay 9.99 a month. LR and PS was pretty easy to place on my new computer, however external hard drives that have always used are not in LR library/folders. (NOT being seen). I did not think a new computer would effect LR folders since it is a application. Any help on how to see all those exteranl hard drives? I have always useed external hard drives with my photograpy so there are years worth. I m hoping I do not have to import each one! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the fault of Adobe or anyone, this is Apple making sure that applications that have not been given permission to access areas of your computer cannot access those areas of your computer.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Click on the Privacy Tab, then scroll down till you see Full Disk Access.

Then unlock the lock in the bottom left with your system authorization PW. Finally click on the “+” to bring up an Open window and select LRC and any other applications that needs or may need open access to various areas of your computer. 

But wait, there’s more…

gary_sc_0-1624901083881.png

Now click on the next folder down, Files and Folders. You’ll see many applications grayed out because these are applications that already got permission from the first part.

gary_sc_1-1624901083882.png

But as you scroll down you may see other applications that have sub-categories to OK. If that lock is still open, you can do this at any time.

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was good info but did not work for this particular situation. 

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT being seen?

Can you show us a screen capture of where you think they should be seen in Lightroom Classic? Use the Insert Photos icon to include your screen capture in your reply (do not use a file attachment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic. there is noting to see to give you a image. This is in LR classic Library. External hard drive is not listed(Not Seen) as a choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom only sees drives that have at least one image on them that Lightroom has catalogued. Did you copy your catalog over to the new computer? See: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not copy. I was hoping I would not have to copy all my external hard drives. thanks I will read article and try. will update when I can. So each new computer I purchase I will have to copy all external hard drives? I still feel like I am not understanding this is going to be a massive undertaking when I purchase another computer in 7 years. I will have a large amount of accumulated external drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So each new computer I purchase I will have to copy all external hard drives? I still feel like I am not understanding this is going to be a massive undertaking when I purchase another computer in 7 years.

@reneem57823414 

NO. There is no "copying". Your existing external drives work in this process, as is. It is not going to be a massive undertaking. It shouldn't take long at all. The worst case, if you can't name the hard drives the same (Mac) or given the hard drives the same letter designation (Windows) is you have to point Lightroom Classic to the drive. Five minutes at worst (and probably a lot less).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two Lightroom app along with Photoshop in the Adobe Photography Plan.

There is Lightroom Classic (LrC) latest version 10.3 and Lightroom ( cloud based ) latest version 4.3  previously known as Lr CC.

Please indicate the version you have installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.3 LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread was created over 7 hours ago and the Author has not contributed further despite several posts. Maybe he has solved his problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for input , I will try to participate and see if suggestions works. I am currently working a dbl at my job at hospital 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines