Highlighted

External Volume connection suddenly no longer mapped correctly in Lightroom catalog?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I opened LR in my business catalog and suddenly my external drive connection is hosed. I have an external drive named "OmLight Photos", and here is the file structure on it:

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.16.49 PM.png

But in Lightroom now it all of a sudden looks like this. Looks like the disk is disconnected right? But as shown in the Finder window above it is available and healthy.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.16.14 PM.png

The same thing happened with the other catalog (Personal) that points to that disk. So that one I decided to try the Update Folder Location.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.39.40 PM.png

I select the root of the external drive.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.48.14 PM.png

So that worked to rebind the photos, but it created a new name for the root: "OmLight Photo 1". 

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.18.21 PM.png

Ok, I guess I can live with that but then I got an error message from my online backup (BackBlaze) that it couldn't back up "OmLight Photos" as long as the volumne name "OmLight Photos 1" exists.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.55.45 PM.png

Huh? So I look and that binding of the folder to the new location created a new Volume. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.18.53 PM.png

So I'm confused. I guess I can regain access to my business catalog by doing the same Update Folder Location, but I can't live without backups running. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jim

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

External Volume connection suddenly no longer mapped correctly in Lightroom catalog?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I opened LR in my business catalog and suddenly my external drive connection is hosed. I have an external drive named "OmLight Photos", and here is the file structure on it:

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.16.49 PM.png

But in Lightroom now it all of a sudden looks like this. Looks like the disk is disconnected right? But as shown in the Finder window above it is available and healthy.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.16.14 PM.png

The same thing happened with the other catalog (Personal) that points to that disk. So that one I decided to try the Update Folder Location.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.39.40 PM.png

I select the root of the external drive.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.48.14 PM.png

So that worked to rebind the photos, but it created a new name for the root: "OmLight Photo 1". 

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.18.21 PM.png

Ok, I guess I can live with that but then I got an error message from my online backup (BackBlaze) that it couldn't back up "OmLight Photos" as long as the volumne name "OmLight Photos 1" exists.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.55.45 PM.png

Huh? So I look and that binding of the folder to the new location created a new Volume. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.18.53 PM.png

So I'm confused. I guess I can regain access to my business catalog by doing the same Update Folder Location, but I can't live without backups running. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jim

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?