Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

externally edited photos won't stack with originals

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings:

For some time now, after importing photos into LRC as DNG files, I have done my initial editing in LRC and then finished editing in Photoshop (as an "external editor").  I then save the final edits on my hard drive at JPGs.  Typically, once saved a copy of the edited photos appears in the filmstrip next to the original in LRC.  For several weeks now, the edited JPG no longer stacks with the original photo.  I have checked that "stack with original" under the "external editing" tab of LRC preferences is checked which it is.  Any other suggestions you might offer?

Thanks

Aaron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need you to clarify/expand on that eorkflow.

You select Edit in Photoshop

You accomplish some edits in Photoshop

then ?

You Clos

or

You save

or

You save as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For stacking to take place images that are being stacked have to be in the same folder.

You can't stack images that are in different folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where are you looking at this? Stacking in Lightroom is local, not global. That means that the images are only stacked in their folder, or in the collection you were in when you sent the image to Photoshop. They won't be stacked in any other collection.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines