• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extracting preview for lost images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I recently had a HD crash on me and I lost about 6 years worth of photos! When I started to panic, I found these great instructions (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/extract-previews-for-lost-images-lightroom.html?jarvisD...) on how to install a recovery script and extract pictures from the Lightroom previews. I got the script to install, but when I run it, I chose the location of where I want to save the image, it says "writing best available previews" and then nothing. There is no error message, and no image where I told it to save. Running Lightroom CC 7.0. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

If the Adobe method isn't working, you could try Jeffrey Friedl's preview extraction tool: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of asking obvious questions - did you have a backup of  your photos  on another  device? Did you have a backup  of your Lightroom and your computer? Are  you on Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac running Lightroom CC 7.0. Any ideas why the script doesn't seem to run? Or is there another way to extract JPGs from the Lightroom Previews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact problem. The tutorial works well all the way up to selecting the output folder. But as soon as you run it, it says, "writining best available previews," (that is not, in fact, a typo--it genuinely seems they did not spell writing correctly) and exports nothing. Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Adobe method isn't working, you could try Jeffrey Friedl's preview extraction tool: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! It worked perfectly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I click the link above the url is not found. I have also tried googling it. I am getting the same error. Any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amy - are you clicking directly on the link? I am able to open the url. If the browser you typically use isn't opening it you may be able to open it in a different one. I used Firefox and also tested it in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! Yes!!! Copy and pasting it worked but clicking it did not. I appreciate the quick response. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines