• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely slow exports when using brush tool during editing Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 macOS 10.14.6

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have noticed recently, that when I use brush tools as I edit the photos, the export of edited images takes much much longer as usual - i.e., if I export 20 images, edited, without any use of brush tool, export goes through in a few minutes, but if I add brush correction into these photos, the export might take cca. 20-30 minutes, sometimes even longer.

If I take the same images into Photoshop Camera Raw, add same edit corrections, brush or no brush, export takes the same time, around 2-3 minutes.

I am talking about raw images and export is slow when editing with brush tools no matter the camera.

Using MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.14.6 and Lightroom 8.4.1 (and Photoshop Camera Raw 11.4.1.291).

Anyone else noticing this problem or am I the only one?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As you're experience slow export issue, that shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

If that does not help then try resetting the preferences of Lightroom and let us know how it goes. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your answer, but - last update was exactly towards that - more use of GPU, and to make the whole process faster. And now I should turn the GPU option off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I turned off the GPU option, problem is the same - slow export. I did it twice, once with GPU option on, and with GPU option off, problem occurs at the same time during this slow export.

I also used some system activity apps, one of them being Intel Power Gadget and obviously somehow in the middle of export, processes simply stop. Usually processor is engaged fully, but during exports with brush edits, after a while, processor power drops significantly.

This problem does not occur if I use same edits in Photoshop Camera RAW. Also the whole export (or in this case "Save As") simply works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update, I noticed a very slow export today, without brush tools being used - so it obviously happens very randomly. Currently I am working on a project, where I have multiple series of exports of cca. 30-40 images. One time, everything is okay and exports as should, then again, randomly, another export takes noticeably longer. Also, I am controlling processor activity with Intel Power Gadget and when the export is slow, processor's activity just drops randomly. This does not happen when working with Photoshop Camera Raw with same batch of photos, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your MAC, bring up About this MAC, note after the version number, the build. is it (18G103) ?

If not, you will need the supplemental update. https://www.macworld.com/article/3433951/apple-releases-macos-mojave-10-14-6-supplemental-update.htm...

This may or may not fix your issue.

PLEASE USE THE BLUE BUTTON WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS.
Helps to show posts in date/time order, improves visibility (as not hidden in a reply to a reply), and is easier to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of MacOS Mojave, the one you have described. so it does not fix my issue. thanks for your input anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update, I noticed a very slow export today, without brush tools being used - so it obviously happens very randomly. Currently I am working on a project, where I have multiple series of exports of cca. 30-40 images. One time, everything is okay and exports as should, then again, randomly, another export takes noticeably longer. Also, I am controlling processor activity with Intel Power Gadget and when the export is slow, processor's activity just drops randomly. This does not happen when working with Photoshop Camera Raw with same batch of photos, for example.

I cannot back up what I have stated below, I cannot find a link I was thinking of, and searching this forum finds nothing negative about Intel Power Gadget.

Hmm, just exactly what is this Intel Power Gadget? Is that some form of overclocking? Lightroom Classic does not behave well in overclocked environments.

P.S. comparing performance between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop is a non starter. Lightroom is a known resource hog,and is known to expose but not explain hardware issues. Photoshop is a pike in comparison .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines