Face recognition: several groups for special galeries possible?

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

regarding face recognition:

I have & will have photos from persons of e.g. 2 different events, say "soccer" and "shopping". Each event with its own persons = no person is in two events.

Question: can I create 2 different collections of recognized persons to assign them to the two groups?

That would be a great help! For example it helps to avoid wrong detections/recognitions.

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

The only way to do this would be to have two Catalogs and those two Catalogs cannot be open at the same time. When you wish to switch from one to the other, LRC will have to quit and restart. This is not horrible and I do this occasionally as I take photos of an organization and I didn't want those photos in my regular Catalog. So, I have two Catalogs and go back and forth as necessary. 

If this is OK with you than the answer is Yes and now you know how to do it. ;>)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one other point: facial recognition does fairly well but it's a learning process. In the beginning you will find some suggestions comically bad. But it gets better and better and after a while becomes quite good.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mycc AUTHOR LATEST
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using two catalogs – one for private photos, one for business photos.

But for my catalog with private photos such an option having "multiple face collections" which I could assign e.g. to albums would be very helpful.

Thanks for trying to help me! 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines