Highlighted

Facebook Publishing Problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to get the following message when trying to post to Facebook:

"An internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Only option is to click OK

Then I receive the following message:

Can't update this collection.

AN internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Is there a fix for this.  I've never had these error messages in the past.

I have disconnected with Facebook and then authenticated again.  This did not resolve the problem.

I can get maybe 1-2 photos to post sometimes even with the error.  Often, no photos will post.

Thanks.

I realized I hadn't updated Lightroom to its most recent version. Doing so fixed my issue. Unfortunately I had removed the plugin and so lost all of the photos that had been synced and have to start from scratch - oh well.

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 (custom built PC). I had to open creative cloud in my notification bar and update Lightroom CC (2015.12 current).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Facebook Publishing Problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue to get the following message when trying to post to Facebook:

"An internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Only option is to click OK

Then I receive the following message:

Can't update this collection.

AN internal error has occurred:  ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)

Is there a fix for this.  I've never had these error messages in the past.

I have disconnected with Facebook and then authenticated again.  This did not resolve the problem.

I can get maybe 1-2 photos to post sometimes even with the error.  Often, no photos will post.

Thanks.

I realized I hadn't updated Lightroom to its most recent version. Doing so fixed my issue. Unfortunately I had removed the plugin and so lost all of the photos that had been synced and have to start from scratch - oh well.

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 (custom built PC). I had to open creative cloud in my notification bar and update Lightroom CC (2015.12 current).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have done everything to resolve this from this page:

Errors using Publish Services in Lightroom

Error:

"an internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'headers' (a nil value)"

Another page suggested creating a new catalog, but then I get an unknown error when I try to import my old catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for the past few days. It does still publish but I get that exact same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom is up to date, but gave me this problem today - 23 July 2017. I had to click Publish, then OK then OK to get 64 pictures in a collection loaded to Facebook this evening - very frustrating!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I found by clicking "publish" it would post one item to FB before giving the above warning.

So a dozen or so clicks just to publish one batch.

There seems to be a new incongruence between FB and L/R - fix please!

PS - my L/R tells me it's uptodate.

I'm guessing that this is a change in FB not L/R, maybe they should get to gether and fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to 2015.12 fixed my problem.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on!  All these posts are very recent and close - I'm running LR 5 on a Macbook Pro (2009 - El Capitain) but getting the same message - could this be a fault with Facebook rather than Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me. I could publish to Facebook until recently, but now I get the message in the original post.

A post indicates that the solution is to update Lightroom. I thought that Lightroom updated itself with no need for action on my part. Can you please provide instructions for updating. I'm currently using 2015.5 Release. I tried selecting "Updates..." from the Help menu, but that opened a Creative Cloud instance that has only a spinning icon forever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also seen this form a computer that has been using the facebook publish plugin successfully for the past year. I can publish to the hard driver with no problems. I have tried all the iterations of "fixes" put forth here and on other forums. Sometimes I would get other errors such as ones mentioning "post processing actions failed" and a couple of others I don't recall. These I got very seldom, the message in the OP is the one I get almost all the time. Funny thing is 1 image in the set of images that I try to publish will actually get published even the the error occurs.

Using Lightroom 5 on Windows 7- Both up to date as of 07/23/2017.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2017 0