Highlighted

Facial recognition not really working

Participant ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a folder that has about 1,000 images, click on the People icon, I get several faces at the top that have names attached to them, but when I click on one of them, it gives me just about 2 or 3 "Confirmed" images, which are usually correctd. But then, under Similar, it gives me hundreds of images that aren't even close. For instance, if I choose a teenage girl and get the Confirmed images, in the Similar images I seem to get every single image in the folder that has a face in it: old men, young men, babies, etc. Images that no one would ever imagine were "similar." Is there a way to get the artifical intellignece engine to working so I don't have to go through hundreds of images at a time?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Facial recognition not really working

Participant ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on a folder that has about 1,000 images, click on the People icon, I get several faces at the top that have names attached to them, but when I click on one of them, it gives me just about 2 or 3 "Confirmed" images, which are usually correctd. But then, under Similar, it gives me hundreds of images that aren't even close. For instance, if I choose a teenage girl and get the Confirmed images, in the Similar images I seem to get every single image in the folder that has a face in it: old men, young men, babies, etc. Images that no one would ever imagine were "similar." Is there a way to get the artifical intellignece engine to working so I don't have to go through hundreds of images at a time?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this feature was introduced I decided to activate it and give it a go, however, after about an hour I realized it would take quite a while to search through my entire catalog and online mobile devices and decided to abort. To me, this is an overnight job and not something to leave on all the time.

However, you can have a look at the info from the Adobe Help to give you some tips. Also if you do a Google or Yahoo search, Lightroom Classic facial recognition tips and tricks you are sure to get lots of info and video tutorials. 

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.6: LrC 9.4, Lr 3.4.1, Ps 21.2.2, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines