• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed OS update/lightroom catalogue MIA

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive if I sound dumb, first time here. Tried updating Mac OS on my iMac from Mojave 14.6 (to whatever is the latest..? Big Sur maybe?) and updates usually goes smoothly enough for me. This time it didn't and couldn't restart my computer so backed up from Time Machine. Everything else seems mostly OK but lightroom catalogue is nowhere to be seen.

Yes, looked in the usual spot users/pictures nothing there. (There is now cause to Open LR i created a new one)

Yes, searched for any lrcat files. Search didn't find any which is kind of weird. 

As far as I know, all the drives that I usually use are connected. And no, I can't recall where i used to have the library. As far as I know it was just in the usual spot.

Don't really know where else to look or what else to do.

One piece of info... I don't back up every single time I use it... and don't know how long it's been since i DID back up, so didn't expect it to be 100% up to date, but assumed there'd be a file SOMEwhere at least..? No?

Any help appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

I think I've worked out what I've done wrong so no need to answer. Don't know how to delete this post. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've worked out what I've done wrong so no need to answer. Don't know how to delete this post. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you work out?

Posting the solution you've found, whatever it is, could help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, in this case, my 'solution' really won't help anyone. I checked Time Machine and it had excluded backing up Photos which is where my library was stored. So yeah, 100% user error I'm afraid. I have a manual drag and drop back up from about 12 months ago, so it means I've only list the cataloguing and editing on about 100,000 photos. 😞 Pure stupidity on my part restoring from back up without double checking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines