Highlighted

Failed to send Email

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a LR6 standalone version in my Imac with mojave. I quite often email pics using Lr6.

All the sudden I receive this message:

Failed to send Email

Failed to establish connection with the outgoing email server. Please make sure you have entered the email account and password correctly.

I do not know how to fix this problem. My email is working fine, I contacted the email company here in Mexico City Att and I was told that everything is working fine. I contacte the Adobe techs but there is no longer support for this old version. If you have any ideas please help. Miguel my email is (Email Address removed by Moderator)  Regards,

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Failed to send Email

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a LR6 standalone version in my Imac with mojave. I quite often email pics using Lr6.

All the sudden I receive this message:

Failed to send Email

Failed to establish connection with the outgoing email server. Please make sure you have entered the email account and password correctly.

I do not know how to fix this problem. My email is working fine, I contacted the email company here in Mexico City Att and I was told that everything is working fine. I contacte the Adobe techs but there is no longer support for this old version. If you have any ideas please help. Miguel my email is (Email Address removed by Moderator)  Regards,

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to look at the Email system in LR.

Select an image and right Click. Select Email Photo. A box like this will come up. In the From section click the downword facing V and select "Go to Email Account Manager".

2020-03-04 12_04_44-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Then you get a box like this.

2020-03-04 12_08_42-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Click on the entry in the left hand section and if it doesn't properly fill in all the info for your email account with att then you will need to change it. There is also a button to Validate all those settings. This should happen automatically IF all the setting are correct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, unfortunately is not working. I contacted the ATT email people in Mexico and they provided the settings, they tell me that settings are good and they have a point because my email is working fine and it is the same server. The Att tech teams says it is a problem of the LR6 software. The adobe team has helped me to validate the settings several times and does not work. I keep receiving this error message "Failed to establish connection with the outgoing email server".

I am really frustrated and I did think it was going to be so complicated I cannot believe it. Conclusion the Att email tech guys blame the R6 adobe and the lastes blames the ATT.

I am thinking in plan B, I have a GMAIL account and maybe that will be the solution. If someone in the community knows the server settings to share I would appreciate the information. Again thanks for your response and the follow up. Miguel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Gmail - it's a Google App, of course, so you'll need to change the security settings in Gmail itself to allow a third-party app to access it. Of course, they don't recommend this due to security issues. This also might be the problem with ATT email. I would look at your security settings in the email app itself and allow a third party app - Lightroom - to send emails.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a Email Program (also known as a Email Client) like MS Office Outlook or like me Mozilla Thunderbird to send and receive emails?

If you do you can set LR to use that program to send emails. That is what I do.

When you right click and select Email Photo you get the already shown dialog box but then you click the From field and select your email client that is installed onyour computer. For me that is thunderbird.

2020-03-13 18_15_17-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Then when you click send your email client program open with a Write dialog and that image is, or images are, attached waiting for you to type in the name of the receiver and any text you want to add.

2020-03-13 18_16_48-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines