• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to build Smart Preview only on import

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always set my images to build smart previews on import. Never had an issue until today, on a couple of different imports I get the error that it failed to build smart previews for all the images I just imported. But if I build smart previews after the import, they all build just fine. Any suggestions on what might be suddenly causing this?

Lightroom 10, Mac OS 10.15.7

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD yeah I saw that article before I posted. Really don't want to delete the file and rebuild all my smart previews, I have well over 60,000 images in my catalog. Was hoping for another fix, but if that's the only way, then I guess I'll need to go that route and let it run over night. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I tried deleting the smart previews folder and recreating previews. Also added all permissions 8in Windows. Neither solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ralphsomma I haven't done the deletion yet so I can't say for sure if it will do the trick or not. I'm also on Mac, so even if it does work not sure that will help you. So strange though, this all just started after the update to LR 10. Why all of the sudden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines