False Import

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have trouble with IMPORTING photos from a fresh card. Meaning, I go and shoot. When I get back home to IMPORT, it shows all my photos but tells me some have already been IMPORTED even though these photos are new photos. Yes I reformated card before I shot with it. Yes I unchecked the " DON'T IMPORT SUSPECTED DUPLICATED PHOTOS " box. I'm getting the same results. I even restarted LR and my computer. Same issue remains. I even IMPORTED from a different card and received the same results. 

Can anyone help me with this matter please???

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes resetting the preferences solves unexplained problems: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow the instructions on resetting my preferences. However it
didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure you update to the latest version (V10), which was launched today.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR says its updated. However, the newest version isn't available at the
moment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between shoots, are you resetting the image number in the camera to begin with 0001? There are occasional reports of restting the image number in the camera that cause the Import behavior you describe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Angelo15B9 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. I'm new to this. This is my first time coming to any platform
seeking help. Thank you for helping me navigate this forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines